Updating plain kitchen cabinets
Unfortunately, with our high deductible and a lot of insurance mumbo jumbo, we weren't left with a lot of money for repairs. The process was long, but worthwhile and I'm excited to show you the updates that were made! As I mentioned before, they were my least favorite thing in the house. Then clicked my way over to Lisa's blog, A Vintage Vine for all the details. I used the pillowcases for window treatments in my laundry room as seen here.I can remember second guessing myself after we put in our offer for the house knowing that the ugly cabinets were apart of the deal! I really hoped to add some type of open shelving to this empty wall.The options are endless especially with a friend like, Google Search! As you may or may not recall, we had some water damage in our kitchen caused by our dishwasher. We found a great deal on flooring and were able to update our cabinets with moulding. ; ) The curtains were actually made from a sheet set.If you have more of a overhang to your countertops then I would make the cuts more like the ones below.After I cut it I painted it the same color as my cabinets and used wood glue and putty to adhere it to the side of my cabinets.I combed through the different styles and noticed that one in particular was only half in diameter.It looked as though it had been sliced right down the middle. I had always loved the look of a decorative leg but thought it was something you could only get from a very expensive cabinetry remodel.
Warning: If you are a cusser then you may say some swear words as you are learning.It’s not perfect but I love the custom look it gives to my kitchen and for , I’ll take it!:-) I have an eat-in kitchen and a lovely(insert sarcasm) sliding door in that eat-in kitchen.To make the cookie cutter sliding door a little less abrasive I made a cornice to go over the sliding door and then added trim above that to fancy it up even more.
Here is my Kitchen and Sliding Door Before and After with the Cornice (and lots of other DIYs) I used this tutorial from All Things Thrifty to make it.For only a piece I took two of them home to experiment.I held the post up to the cabinet and marked off where I would need to cut.I discovered this one night as I enjoyed a quiet night out with myself at Home Depot.